Become a Volunteer Therapy Animal Team Today!
How do you know if you and your pet are ready to volunteer?
Please see the PetPartners.org website for a list of prerequisites to becoming a therapy animal team through their program.
The path to becoming a Pet Partners team starts with the right animal. It is important to understand the skill requirements before you start pet therapy training. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before getting involved in volunteering with your pet.
• Does your animal like all types of people?
• Does your animal like meeting new people and being petted by strangers?
• Is your animal comfortable and confident going to new places?
• Does your animal like other pets, especially other dogs?
• Can your animal walk, stand and move for one-two hours?
• Does your animal tolerate new sites, sounds, flooring textures, furniture and equipment?
• Does your animal know basic obedience and can be controlled in variety of settings?
• Do you like meeting and talking to new people?
• Are you committed to the time it takes to get your animal ready for each pet therapy visit (bathing/brushing)?
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4|
|See if your team is ready||Create Pet Partners Account||Complete the Handler Course||Pass Team Evaluation &
Who We Are
Pet Partner's mission is to improve human health and well-being through the human-animal bond. Pet Partners of North Florida is a Community Partner, an all volunteer non-profit charitable organization. We are a diverse group from all walks of life, where our teams are approved to include 9 different species. We assist in the preparation for a team to become registered in the Pet Partners Therapy Animal Program. We are committed to providing every potential handler access to all the education, assistance and tools needed to become a successful therapy animal team.
The next Handler Workshop Course will be an all day event from 9am - 5pm on Satuday November 20th, 2021 at Watson Realty Corp, 4194 San Juan Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida 32210
New Schedule Comming Soon